The student whose work has been found guilty of plagiarism, even unintentional, risks:
- Getting an unsatisfactory grade;
- Losing a scholarship;
- Being suspended or even expelled;
- Paying a fine;
- Losing reputation, which makes it harder getting into other colleges and universities.
Paraphrasing fragments of another author’s text and published thoughts is also seen as plagiarism. Not all plagiarism detection services, whether free or not, can detect paraphrased fragments.
Skandy essay checker uses technology that performs a deep scan. The searching tech is always updated. The service compares billions of text that are published online. The algorithms of the checker structure the document’s content, thereby breaking it up into logical parts. These fragments are checked for duplicate on the Internet and open sources.
Skandy does not simply check the equivalence of the content as received. The Sibilus takes into account:
- Shingle – the number of consecutive matching word;
- The distance between word;
- The word length;
- The probability of the deletion and substitution of a word.
This way, even severely altered paraphrased text are detected.